Sunday 6 March 2016

Evaluation- How effective the Outcome of My main product is

The products that I created are as follows: The magazine front cover, film poster and film teaser trailer.

For my magazine cover i looked at all the different genre of magazines that exists already and I followed and designed my own ideas to try and replicate a real life magazine cover. 
For my film poster I researched all the different horror film posters from popular horror films, for example Annabelle, Sinister, The Conjuring and Ouija, I tried to create the same feeling for my poster as these film posters made me feel when i first saw them. 

For my film teaser trailer, I spent many hours filming and editing until it looked right, I explored a range of different shots like close-ups, medium close-ups, Long shots, Establishing shots, tracking shots, low angle shots and high angle shots. By using these shots creates a different feel for the audience for example a close-up allows you to whiteness the characters emotions and you feel what they feel, this compared to a long shot where you see the characters body movement. These shots are chosen depending on the sort of atmosphere you are trying to get across to the audience. I tried to experiment with many different shots to see which worked to my benefit and which didn't. Putting the camera into manual focus meant that i could control what of the scene was in focus and what wasn't, this benefited me as i could draw the attention of the audience onto the character that was important in that scene. 
I also did many low angle shots of the father to try and exaggerate his dominance over the rest of the family further into the trailer, close-ups of the meant the audience can see his angry and suspicious ora. 

In my poster I used real conventions of film posters, this includes the main title, dominant central image, names of actor and the billing. Conventions like reviews can be used but they are not crucial when it comes to creating a poster. The release date on my poster is the Fall, this is a popular time for horror films to be released in the cinema from the research i did i found this information. In the billing I used real crew members from other popular horror films, this adds to the realistic feel of the poster. The tagline for my poster is that same that i used on my trailer, it is suspenseful and engaging yet it does not give too much of the film away to the audience. By having the same tagline in the teaser trailer as the poster means that the audience associate the media products together, therefore making the film recognisable and hence more popular. 

No comments:

Post a Comment