Monday 7 March 2016

Evaluation- What I Learned from my Audience Feedback

Doing a questionnaire is a quick and easy way for the producers of film products to get feedback from their audience. I have also done this to see what I can improve on for my media products.

For my magazine cover the questions that I asked were:
1) Is the cover easily recognisable as being from the horror genre and How?
2) What conventions of the cover contribute to the horror genre and is it realistic compared to existing magazine covers (e.g. Fangoria) Why?
3) What would make you by the magazine and Why?
4) Does the magazine support the teaser trailer and attract your attention? Why and How?
5) What should be changed to benefit the magazine cover? Why?

The feedback I received, was that the magazine cover was strong at reflecting the horror genre and is easily recognisable as being part of the horror genre, at the same time it would only appeal to a certain audience as the image on the front is considered to be relatively scary. The magazine looked realistic and authentic for viewers, at the same time they would have liked to of seen some more cover lines and bolder fonts.

The questionnaire for my Poster:
1) Does the cover represent a spooky and eery feel? Why and How does it make you feel?
2) From the poster would you want to see the film? Why?
3) Does the poster relate to the other media products I have created? How?
4)Does the poster look realistic compared to real film posters?  Why?
5) Is the tagline easy to understand? Why?

The results that i received from this questionnaire is that people liked the poster as it was not too scary and not too much of the film was given away, the tagline could have been improved as some viewers found it confusing to understand, and it needed to be shorter. Since the cover was not too scary it succeeded in creating a spooky, ghostly atmosphere, this was a good result as I wanted the poster to suggest this about the film.

The questionnaire for my teaser trailer:
1)Would the trailer make you want to see the film? Why
2) Is too much of the film given away? How?
3) Can you build a rough storyline from the trailer and understand what is going on? How?
4)Can you tell it is from the supernatural horror genre? Why?

The audience really like the choice of music as it made them feel 'spooked out' and 'frightened', the camera shots contributed to the feelings and emotions of the characters, but at the same time some of the feedback suggested that some of the scenes needed to be slightly more scary.

The feedback from the audience is so important when marketing films, it shows that the producers listen to the audience and try and take their opinions into consideration. For me it helped me to understand what i can do to improve my media products and benefit me in the marketing of my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment